Skin discolouration, especially darker finger joints or darker fingers/toes, is a common cosmetic issue that affects many women. These dark finger joints looks unpleasant especially when a person’s natural complexion is fair then these dark finger joints become more prominent.
There are many causes that lead to skin pigmentation and the most common include excessive sun exposure or not protecting your hands when doing the dishes or cleaning the house. In this post, I will be sharing some hand care beauty tips and some home remedies to get rid of the dark skin at the finger joints or dark knuckles to be precise.
Lemon and sugar scrub for dark finger joints:
The most important thing about finger discoloration is exfoliation or scrubbing. This method can effectively lighten your dark skin as well as make your joints smoother. You only need 3 ingredients to make an effective exfoliating scrub.
- Mix 2 honey, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. sugar.
- Mix the ingredients well then apply the mixture on your hands scrubbing your dark finger joints gently.
- You can also massage your hands for extra smoothness.
- Leave the mixture on your hands for about 15min to let the skin absorb the juices. The vitamin C from lemon juice and the glycolic acid from sugar will lighten your knuckles effectively.
Sugar and olive oil to remove the darkness on knuckles:
Another great hydrating scrub is made with sugar and olive oil. Olive oil is highly beneficial for improving your nail quality, but also for eliminating discolored skin caused by sun exposure and excessive production of melanin in the skin. Sugar is an amazing exfoliant that removes dark skin cells effectively.
- Mix 3 olive oil with 2 tsps. sugar, use the mixture to scrub your dark knuckles.
- Leave it on for 5 more minutes to extra hydration of your hands then rinse it off with water.
- Apply a light moisturizer afterwards.
Regular exfoliation of the finger joints is necessary to avoid the appearance of dark spots. Take a scrubber and gently rub the finger joints to remove dirt and dead skin cell. Use a scrubber once in a week and wash hands with an exfoliating hair wash everyday while taking a shower.
Shampoo and pumice stone:
Pour a capful of shampoo in lukewarm water and mix to make a smooth lather. Using anti-dandruff shampoo is recommended to get rid of dark finger joints faster, spread the lather on the hands and feet while massaging well.